DIY Polaroid Photo Coasters With Shabby Chic Touches

If you are looking for a super amazing and special gift, today I'm sharing a new DIY project: Polaroid photo coasters with Shabby Chic touches.
There are endless possibilities to personalize the coasters, you can use different themes to create different sets, just go to your friends Facebook or Instagram account, ''steal'' some of their photos and turn them into lovely gifts for them :)
You can choose photos to create themed sets like 'last summer vacation' for your best friend, 'best Christmases ever' for your parents, 'our perfect honeymoon to Rome' for your dreamy half, 'a trip to beautiful France' for your sister, 'the perfect sunsets from Belize' from your friend's Instagram that loves to travel ... and anything else that you can think of.
You can find all the steps and all the details on the blog.

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Diana | Dreams Factory

• Alta
    Alta

Great idea, Diana! Did you use an inkjet or laser printer? How long did you let the ink dry on the glossy photo paper and did you use a fixative on the print before you decoupaged it? Thanks in advance!

• Diana | Dreams Factory
      Diana | Dreams Factory

Glad you like them, @Alta! I used a laser printer but I had some other projects going on that time, so I didn't use them until next day. I only decoupaged and sealed them afterwards with Mod Podge, no other fixative. I used this method before with other laser jet prints, right after I printed them, with great results and no color bleeding. Hope this helps :) You can find more details on my blog.

• Sally-Charles Evans
    Sally-Charles Evans

Can you actually use them as coasters?? Will Mod Podge stand up to that??

• Diana | Dreams Factory
      Diana | Dreams Factory

@Sally-Charles Evans, sure you can! Mod Podge can also be used as sealer. You could also apply one or two coats of other glossy (or matte) sealer, for more protection, but you will have to check first on a small surface to see how it interacts with the Mod Podge.

• Kathy Bitzan
    Kathy Bitzan

Okay as far as sealing, would the modge podge be better than home made or not?

• Sherry Fram
    Sherry Fram

Love this idea! I've used scrapbook paper and regular photos but never thought to use polaroids! Awesome look! Thanks for sharing!

• Diana | Dreams Factory
      Diana | Dreams Factory

@Sherry Fram that's why I love these kind of projects - there are endless possibilities that you can work and get creative with!

• K combs
    K combs

I made the same gifts for entire family three years ago. I used regular photos, 4x4 travertine tiles, and homemade modge podge (5 layers). I added felt underneath so they wouldn't scratch surfaces used on. Our set is used everyday by multiple people and they have held up great! Definitely worth it! Best of all , they were incredibly easy and SO WELL received!

• Diana | Dreams Factory
      Diana | Dreams Factory

Kathy, I've never used homemade Mod Podge, but K combs mentioned in an earlier comment that she has used the homemade version on some travertine tiles coasters and it worked great!