DIY Doily Christmas Ornament

This DIY Doily Christmas Ornament is a beautiful way to repurpose & recycle old items to create a beautiful new Christmas ornament filled with memories!
A few summers ago I came across a yard sale that was in the process of ending & being packed up. As I started rummaging around the last of their items I found a pile of lace crocheted dollies. After picking out a few of my favorites the ladies offered all of the dollies to me for a few dollars.
Needless to say I was very happy to take them all off their hands!
But since buying the doilies I have done very little with them.
Although I used a doily I bought at a yard sale to create my DIY Doily Christmas Ornament I know that many people have doilies that are special to them & were made by their family members.
Creating your own Doily Christmas Ornaments is a beautiful way to repurpose doilies that are special to you but have been sitting in a drawer unused.
Not only will you be able to display them in a way that can be enjoyed year after year, but your family & friends will get to see & enjoy them too!
Materials:
Doily
Mason Jar Lid Ring
Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Christmas Hooks
Micro-Shear Flush Cutter
First, stretch out the doily & hot glue it to the edges of the mason jar ring.
Then attach a cheap christmas ornament hook, twisting it to create a loop, & cutting off the excess.
Flip over the loop so that the sharp edges are concealed under the doily & add a decorative Christmas ornament hook.
All that’s left is to hang it on your Christmas tree!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You can read my whole post & see my step-by-step tutorial (including pictures) by clicking the link below!

Giustina

• Jill Ron Pike

Pretty

• Kate Baxter

An elderly friend of mine used to crochet her own small doilies, starch them heavily and then shape them over a bowl so they would be like a cup. Then she would get small things like a Christmas tree, Mary, Joseph, manger figures or just stars and what have you. She would glue them in so it would look like a little scene. Adding a small crocheted hook she sold them at Christmas bazaars and did very well with them. She has been gone for over 20 years now but every Christmas I put her doily ornaments on my tree and smile in remembrance of her.