DIY Doily Christmas Ornament

This DIY Doily Christmas Ornament is a beautiful way to repurpose & recycle old items to create a beautiful new Christmas ornament filled with memories!
A few summers ago I came across a yard sale that was in the process of ending & being packed up. As I started rummaging around the last of their items I found a pile of lace crocheted dollies. After picking out a few of my favorites the ladies offered all of the dollies to me for a few dollars.
Needless to say I was very happy to take them all off their hands!
But since buying the doilies I have done very little with them.
Although I used a doily I bought at a yard sale to create my DIY Doily Christmas Ornament I know that many people have doilies that are special to them & were made by their family members.
Creating your own Doily Christmas Ornaments is a beautiful way to repurpose doilies that are special to you but have been sitting in a drawer unused.
Not only will you be able to display them in a way that can be enjoyed year after year, but your family & friends will get to see & enjoy them too!
Materials:
Doily
Mason Jar Lid Ring
Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Christmas Hooks
Micro-Shear Flush Cutter
First, stretch out the doily & hot glue it to the edges of the mason jar ring.
Then attach a cheap christmas ornament hook, twisting it to create a loop, & cutting off the excess.
Flip over the loop so that the sharp edges are concealed under the doily & add a decorative Christmas ornament hook.
All that’s left is to hang it on your Christmas tree!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You can read my whole post & see my step-by-step tutorial (including pictures) by clicking the link below!

Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Giustina

• Jill Ron Pike
    Jill Ron Pike

Pretty

• Kate Baxter
    Kate Baxter

An elderly friend of mine used to crochet her own small doilies, starch them heavily and then shape them over a bowl so they would be like a cup. Then she would get small things like a Christmas tree, Mary, Joseph, manger figures or just stars and what have you. She would glue them in so it would look like a little scene. Adding a small crocheted hook she sold them at Christmas bazaars and did very well with them. She has been gone for over 20 years now but every Christmas I put her doily ornaments on my tree and smile in remembrance of her.

• Kate Baxter
      Kate Baxter

I would love to do that but they are buried up in my Christmas decorations right now. If I get a chance I will try to dig them out and post them.