Rabbit Burrow Spring Wreath

I tried this year to give the main piece of my mantel and the decor around it a more natural look and make a Bunny Burrow wreath the focal point for my mantel. A Burrow is basically a hole covered in vegetation to protect the rabbits and their babies from the elements. My burrow consists of 2 wreaths the biggest one about 28 inches and the smallest one within 16. The are attached at the top with wires and covered by all kinds of vegetation and hydrangeas in blue and yellow. As in the real thing...my bunnies are cuddle inside waiting for the right time to come out and play. I'm ready for spring, my rabbits are too...how about you?
Two Bunnies await anxiously the arrival of spring in their leafy burrow.
This little guy is holding some Easter Eggs, the touch is so minimal that you could leave the wreath out even pass Easter making it perfect for the whole Spring Season.
I wanted to leave some of the wreaths exposed with no foliage to represent the dirt or uncovered area surrounding the entrance of the burrow.
This straw rabbits are ideal for this nature inspired theme,
A burlap Bow complements the wreath adding to the natural look.
The final product displays an array of different kind of leaves, moss, berries and little pieces of cotton making it a very cozy home for our friends.

• Sue

I love your imagination...great job

• Brenda McCullough

Very pretty wreath and so clever. Just joined hometalk and hope to see you around the boards. Thanks for a cute idea

, My son I sitting on white mountains edge into Haleokolea Volcano in Maui Hawaii