Lin R
Lin R
  • Spring Hill, TN

I Am Wondering If Any of You Have Bottle Trees in Your Yard?

This one is manmade, but I have seen bottles put on live tree branches. I am thinking of doing that with one of our trees and wondered if anyone has suggestions that has one.
Bottle Trees
Bottle Trees
i am wondering if any of you have bottle trees in your yard this one is manmade, crafts, gardening
This is a my bottle tree.

• Brenda Cole

I'm wondering about wind. High winds have picked up my porch swing and blew it away. Was thinking if i did this with grandkids, would they stay put? Antone have experience with that?

• Virginia

Maybe 15+ years ago, I purchased a metal bottle tree form from a catalog. Base wasn't strong enough to stand alone in high winds, so I had to 'stabilize it to the base and side of a Japanese maple tree. I use colored wine bottles, but also supplement with bottles from a craft store. It's cheerful in the summer sunshine and on a cold winter morning, it 'brightens up' the view from my kitchen window.

• Grambo

where can you buy colored bottles I don't drink wine?