Holiday Stove Top Potpourri

This homemade simmering Holiday Stove Top Potpourri leaves your home smelling amazing and feeling cozy!
Hello there! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. My family and I actually went to our first Christmas party this past Saturday. It's true. My husband's work had a huge party for all the coal miner's children. It was tons of fun! With the Spirit of the holidays already starting, I thought I would share how you can make your own homemade holiday stove top potpourri. This is a mixture of warm spices with fresh fruit and rosemary. I just love simmering this easy potpourri on the stove all day. The air in the house is perfumed with scents of the holidays. It makes me feel all warm and cozy inside.
What are some of your favorite holiday scents? I am definitely into the cinnamon and woodsy fragrances. Which is sort of weird because I have such a sweet tooth and one would think I would be all about the sugar plums and gumdrops. Nope, not the case. Instead, for my holiday stove pot potpourri, I am using cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, fresh rosemary, pear slices and cranberries. I love pears especially in the fall and winter. I think that particularly fruit gets overlooked. Apples and oranges are more popular, but I love using pears.
For the recipe and how to, check out my blog here: http://www.thecasualcraftlete.com/2015/11/10/holiday-stove-top-potpourri/

Katie

• Cool Grammaw

I love that you're using pear - a fave of mine! I'll have to do this! If a person had one of those mini-crockpots, this would be perfect for those, too!

• Karla

mini- crockpot great idea i have one and will have to try this, thank you for the recipe