Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
  • San Francisco, CA

Neutral Turkey Pallet Sign

Today I am excited to share a Neutral Turkey Pallet Sign that I created using my Silhouette Cameo!
neutral turkey pallet sign, crafts, decoupage, pallet
I have been seeing pallets in Hobby Lobby for a few months now and I knew I wanted to create something using one. I don't have a lot of Thanksgiving decor, so I thought it would be fun to create a silhouette of a turkey on the palette!
You'll also see I added a scalloped gold bunting to the top of the turkey palette, I found this in the Dollar Spot at Target! SO many cute items in the Target Dollar Spot right now!
For this project you'll need a wood pallet, two different colors of paint, mod podge, a paint brush, vinyl & backing paper and your Silhouette machine.
You'll want to paint your pallet, I did two coats. Let it dry really well (I let it dry overnight) before you apply the vinyl to it.
For the turkey, I went into the Silhouette Design store and purchased a silhouette of a turkey. You'll want to measure your pallet to see what dimensions to make your turkey in your Silhouette software.
After your print your turkey on your Silhouette, peel away the vinyl to expose the turkey shape.
Then, remove the back layer of your backing paper and place the sticky side onto the vinyl turkey. Peel away the back layer of the vinyl paper. You'll now have the backing paper with just the vinyl itself on it. Place it onto your pallet and smooth it down REALLY good.
You'll then peel away the backing from the vinyl and you'll be left with just the turkey vinyl on your pallet.
Next, you'll add a layer of mod podge around the edge of the turkey. Make sure a little gets on the vinyl and the pallet all the way around to form a seal. This will prevent your paint from seeping through the vinyl and you shouldn't have any bleeding. This is a step you do not want to skip!
You now have a 'template' that you'll paint inside of to get a nice clean cut turkey with straight edges. This is why I love my Silhouette, it makes my life so much easier!
And, that's it! This turkey palette can be hung on the wall, propped up on a mantel or you can display it in your kitchen like me.
Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom