Bed Spring Ornament Display

I thought an old bedspring would be the perfect primitive ornament display for an antique blown ornament I found at a tag sale. Just twist the top into a hook and add a sprig of greens around the base. So simple!

• Christy Roppel

Hello! I LOVE your blog! I’ve visited often but am now a subscriber. I’d like to ask a favor. May I use your picture of your rusty spring Christmas ornament holder in a collage of “things you can do with a rusty spring” for my Etsy page where I sell springs . I will give you credit for the pix/craft and a link to your page. I hope it will be a win-win. Thank You! Christine Roppel

• Lilly Staten

The bed springs that I have a very rigid how do you pull them out and also they large rungs on both ends and taper small in center
    • Brenda

Mine were large at the bottom and looks like the top was cut off. I used plyers to twist. I'm adding a photo; you might have to zoom in to see the shape a little better.
      , Use a spring as a bud vase by adding a test tube in the center of the spring to hold water
  • Audrey lashuay

How do you cut the coil. How hard is it and what do you cut them with

• Brenda

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I've done a couple of other projects with old bed springs... a primitive tree topper and prim candle holder... see photos attached!

, Peace on Earth primitive Christmas tree topper, Back of tree topper, Primitive candle holder, Primitive ornament display
  • Artemis

My daughter just got a new couch; her's was busted. She knows I love to re-purpose so she gave me 2 cushions with a nasty mass of springs (I had to rescue them from the material & separate them, of course). I ended up with two buckets full of springs and have been looking for uses. This will definitely be on my list. Thanks!