Our Kitchen/Dining Room Remodel

We bought our home 4 years ago and knew going in it needed a lot of work to make it our home. But we were up for the challenge, or so we thought! We had no idea how much time it would really take, but I can honestly say now, I am so happy we took on the challenge, it has been an adventure making our house a home.
our kitchen dining room remodel, dining room ideas, diy, home decor, home improvement, kitchen design
Here is how it looked the day we moved it.
And here is the after! After 3 different tables I have finally found the perfect one! I can honestly say it was worth the wait to make it just perfect.
I love the look of upholstered chairs, but they are just not very practical with children. So I made these skirts to cover the seats. They are made from a drop cloth so if they get dirty I just throw them in the washer and they are as good as new. The other 4 chairs I found and made wood seats for them.
My neighbor gave me this chandelier, they found it in a storage shed and no one wanted it....except me. It was just what I was looking for and the perfect fit for this space.
And last but not least and the icing on the cake is this beautiful sign. For more information and tutorials head to my blog post!

Brooke @ Start at Home

• Jeani Miller Miner

I read your blog - awesome! I was hoping you'd share a pattern for the chair skirts?? I know they'd have to be custom sized, but some basic direction would be much appreciated. Thanks so much

• Cheryl

where did you get the table? Do you know the brand? Love the look!

• Sonia Burrows

Love those hits of blue. Mind sharing the color please?