Patricia
Patricia
  • Lebanon, OH

Easy Pip Berry Centerpiece / Wreath

Are you looking for a way to dress up your holiday table? Today I am sharing a quick and easy method to create a pip berry wreath.
easy pip berry centerpiece wreath, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
I plan to use this wreath as a centerpiece for my holiday table, but you can hang it on a wall or door instead.
The supplies you will need are: a pip berry garland, craft wire, scissors, and a mason jar or large candle (optional).
Wrap the end of the garland once around the mason jar and shape it to achieve a somewhat even circle. Perfection doesn't count for this project -- I told you it was easy!
Cut a piece of craft wire and secure in place.
Continue wrapping the garland and secure in place as you go with the craft wire. I ended up securing in four places (12 o'clock, 3, 6, and 9).
After the entire garland is finished I like to hang the wreath up to get a different perspective and then make adjustments as needed. I simply hung the inner circle of the wreath on a nail. But you could create a loop with craft wire if you prefer.
And here it is ready for a centerpiece in no time at all.
I added a tea light to the mason jar, but it's difficult to see in the daylight! You could use a large candle instead of the mason jar.
Other than being quick and easy, my other favorite thing about this project is you can quickly convert it back into a garland just by clipping off the craft wire. Feel free to stop by my blog and see what other projects are underway.
Patricia

• Carol42

Hi - I'm guessing the pip berries are fake and not something growing in one's yard?

• Patricia

@Carol42 As @Kincaid99 mentioned, you can buy pip berry garlands at craft stores. They are also available at Amazon.com.

• Don1391132

What else is in the Mason jar?

• Patricia

@Donnawagener The mason jar is filled with dyed scrap paper from a previous project.

• Featherwood

Thank you for your quick response! Do you have an artificial tea light in the jar then? Otherwise, is the paper flammable? Yikes! We're looking for centerpieces for wedding tables and mason jars with the artificial tea lights was one thought. Thanks for your inspiration.

• Patricia

@Featherwood Yes, I used a battery operated tea light. I've bought them before at the dollar store, but those didn't always work. I bought a large pack from Hobby Lobby and they worked great, plus the pack I bought came with replacement batteries. I don't remember the cost but I used their 40% off coupon.