Turn An Old Table Into A Plant Support

$5

Some of my favourite plants get big, beautiful, flowering heads but they also sprawl all over the garden. I use the bases from old glass-top tables to support them. These tables tend to end up in the garbage because it's too expensive to replace the glass if it breaks. Providing support on all sides, they're perfect for not-too-tall plants like these giant poppies.
I have many more inexpensive home and garden ideas on my blog. If you come visit please say hi!
http://www.empressofdirt.net/el-cheapo-plant-support-idea/
I love the giant poppies but they sprawl so wide they can smother the plants around them.
Look for a strong wooden or metal table base.
It's best to place the support around the young plant but this was a sprawling emergency so I added it later.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Debby Boyle

Cool idea!!

• Kelly S

Way cool. Now I have another item to look for at the thrift store. I have an ugly peony ring around mine now and this would look a lot better.