Christmas Tree From Old License Plates

I have always wondered what to do with my ruggedly charming bunch of license plates, until a light bulb went up one day, when planning our Christmas decorations.
... A license plate Christmas tree!!!
And a little gift: if you want this tree but don't have old license plates, I made free printables of these plates for you to download at the end, so you can even make a tree with card stock or cardboard! Just don't use printable plates on your car, OK? ;)
Measure and determine where the top plate should be. Start with the first plate: check that it's level, mark the 2 holes at the top and hammer one nail for each hole.
The "Christmas tree" you see here has 5 tiers, plus the "trunk" and the star. The height is about 5' not including the star.
Hang the plate, then start the next row. Each row of license plates goes outside the row above.
To make the star, just print out the templates( see at the end) on card stock. I did not want to cut up these lovely plates, hence a paper FAUX star ! =)
The nails provide the perfect support for fairy lights.
Isn't this tree merry and bright? To see more details or download the free printables of these license plates and star, check out the link below!

APieceofRainbow

• Kay

That is incredable. Stunning! You have @ flair for creativity. Kay Adelaide Austraila

• TheSeamstress

My husband recently passed and in his workshop I found a box of license plates. This will be perfect for outside decor.