Family Room Reveal - Making What You Have Work

Decorating after a move into a new home can really be a challenge. What worked in your last home, does not always work as well in your new home. This is what happened to us.
We have a big wool traditional style rug that we love and it looked great in our last home with dark wood floors. Put that same rug with lighter wood floors and it looks very different.
Determined to make it work I pulled the
family room reveal making what you have work, flooring, home decor
The Endearing Home

• Margie

oh wow thank you for all the hard work you did on my home, you can leave now!! bahahaha.. oh wow this is the coziest redo i have seen in a long time thats actually do-able for me...i love your style..the farmhouse/french cottage look is wht i love too..i love the curtains. Did you make them ,the little pillow matching??? oh i love love ALL OF IT you can really pat yourself on the back for this one ..
    • Jewellmartin

@Margie , I agree. There are so many wonderful ideas in this one space. When I saw the before picture of the fireplace area, I said to myself, Something is really missing. Then I saw the after picture with the rug and other accessories, and I said to myself, Wow! I just want to walk into that room and sit down. We have been shopping for a new rug for our family room with light wood floors. I have been avoiding florals because I was afraid of choosing the wrong one. My rug may come from Salvage and Seconds (if there is such a place), but I feel more confident about making a decision. Readers, where would you start?
    • Margie

I love the rug you have, but I read on a comment that you were tiring of that one and i know exactly what you mean when you say that...something as simple as an area rug can really bring a room together, and a different one in your family room would be refreshing for you..just go with what you think and you will run in to it when you least expect it and you will get tunnel vision only seeing the rug..lol
  • Terri T

How do you keep your furniture from moving around if not on rugs? Beautiful room. Love the buffalo plaid check as well. Do you consider it country?
  • Sue

What is the color you painted in the room? Is it green or beige?
  • Joanne

I love the clock over your fireplace! Do you remember where you bought it? Beautiful room! I would also like to know brand & color name you used on the walls. Thank you for your time.

Joanne

• Lana

In love with this room!!! You have such a good eye for mixing texture and color. I saw you changed the room since this posting which is also very awesome. I must know where you purchased the burgandy rug from. I must have it for my living room!! :)

• Jamie

Beautiful