Erica Glasener
Erica Glasener
  • Atlanta, GA
Asked on Dec 13, 2011

I need a new dishwasher and have checked Consumer Reports but there are so many choices, any recommendations for a dw

M CohnCreative Interiors By ConnieErica Glasener
+14

that is in the 6-$800 budget - as long as it cleans well and is not too noisy. I am thinking about a KitchenAid Energy Star?
  • Steer clear of Maytag. We have one of their better ones, or so they say. Been noisy and never really cleaned real good from get go.

• KMS Woodworks

I got a LG a few years back...it was a bit more than your price range ( about 1000) but I have been super happy with it...cleans great, holds a lot of dishes and is very quiet...the loudest part is the gurgle in the drain when it pumps out...There has been a number of times I have accidentally opened it when it was running ( not knowing it was running because Tori started it)

• Erica Glasener

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas. Thanks great advice, anyone have experience with KitchenAid?

• Designs by BSB

ASKO is by far my 1st pick, but not sure of their starting point. The distributor sells "OTC" (out of the carton) new products that cannot be shipped out but you can save 25% off retail prices. Limited availability.. but worth a try! Otherwise, yes KitchenAid would probably be my 2nd recommendation. s/s tubs .. well worth the $$

• Carol

We have moved a lot so I've used a lot of dishwashers. My fave is Thermador but not energy efficient. I currently have a KitchenAid - not a fan. Granted, it is about 10 yrs. old but it takes forever to finish - hours for a normal wash. I'll need to replace it soon but will choose a different brand.

• KMS Woodworks

I normally run the Heavy cycle on my LG...as dishes may sit in there for a few days and we are not "rinsers"...that heavy cycle is 2 hours long. One cool thing is we can program in a delayed start if we choose. I have done this a lot during the dead of winter to cycle water in the middle of the night...this reduces the chance of our water line from the main freezing.

• Erica Glasener

Thanks all, ordered my new dishwasher, it is a KitchenAid, based on lots of research. All your answers were helpful. I will let you know how it works out.

• Bill

Good luck. I've bought my last KitchenAid appliance. Changed out all 4 kitchen appliances 2 years ago to KitchenAid stainless, top of the line. Have had problems with dishwasher allowing backflow (had to install backflow valve myself separate from unit-factory repairman had no idea how to fix), really noisy circulation fan in oven (took all sheet metal apart and glued felt to every seam where metal parts join), microwave (turntable extremely noisy - we're living with that), and refrigerator (icemaker has to be emptied weekly due to freezing up). I'm very dissapointed and have gotten NO relief from Whirlpool.

• Erica, I am late to this one but we have had a KitchenAid dishawasher and otehr appliances for over 1 1/2 years. So far no problems. And very quiet. I have to strain sometimes to hear it it is running.

• Lynda P

I LOVE my Bosch. About $500 when we bought it three years ago. SO very quiet and I can really load it up. Upper rack is adjustable. And it is self sealing so won't leak (like our old one did). 5 stars!

• Faidra at CA Global Inc

Yes kitchenaid is a great product, just make sure it has a dryer, just purchased a double draw, stainless insides is also better verses the plastic, well at least that's what I prefer

• Erica Glasener

Thanks all. I will let you know how it works out. Hope to have it installed today!

• Priscilla E

Do not buy a Maytag. We have a few and the new stainless steel one in Florida has had about 10 Service Calls within 2 years. Really 1 year as we are there only 6t months at a time. Condo people talk and they the less bells and whistles the better. Do not plan on keeping American made very long as they do not last like the old ones. LG is a good one for a home you stay put in. The condos have GE cheap ones and they are holding up so far but not used all the time. Borax is near the Oxi powder in Walmart if you need it. I use it too.

• Erica Glasener

Thanks Priscilla, I have a Kitchenaid and love it!

• I have had 2 GE's and had nothing but problems. Two years ago I bought a stainless inside and out Kitchen Aid. I love everything about. It is very quite when in use. I would highly recommend it. The control panel is on the top of the front, so when it is closed you do not see it. Like I said, I love everything about it.

• I have a Kitchen Aid and I love it. Have had it for 3 years and 0 problems. I highly recommend it.

• M Cohn

Just purchased a Kitchaid, filled it full of super dirty dishes like 2 day dried on egg. Washed on the Pro cycle. Amazed at how clean and shiny everything was! Even peanut butter on knives came out spotless!