DIY Iced Mason Jar Candles

What do you get when you combine a stash of Mason Jars with two other products already on hand - and create these cute Mason Jar Candles? You get a happy crafter!!! Check these out!
Anytime I can craft and not spend a single penny, it's always a win-win in my eyes. Even if you don't have a stash of Mason Jars, you could recycle any glass jar you have on hand.
Besides the jars, you only need two other products, both of which I had on hand. White craft glue and Epsom salts. Even if you have to purchase these, we are talking just a few dollars. I have used the same bag of Epsom salts for two seasons now. :)
The secret is not just painting on a thin coat of glue. I smear it on. Thick! I layered a cookie sheet with several paper towels, poured out some salt onto the tray, then literally rolled the jars into the salt after they were coated with the glue. Then, I patted the salt into the glue to make sure it adhered well. Then let dry until hardened.
I went into my yard and cut some boxwood, cedar and holly clippings, and made a mini wreath to surround the candle.
Finally, a hand-stamped a snowflake tag to add some rustic handmade charm.
Considering that this didn't cost me a thing, I got my "money's worth" don't you think? I can't wait to make more of these to place around my home for Christmas.
For even more easy DIY Ideas, please visit my blog, The Everyday Home, at www.everydayhomeblog.com .

The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• Trish Cleveland

Love the jar! Did you use a real candle? I wondered if the heat would soften the glue or melt the salts.

• Ann

Do you recommend using a sealer on it?

• S

Use a matte-finish spray sealer

• Joan

I would like to do this to flower vases. Can they be washed and reused once you have put on the glue and salt?

• San28809795

I think if you used boiling water and dawn dish liquid it might come off. You could try making a sample one out of an old jar and try to remove the glue and salt before doing your vases.