Pieces of Time East
Pieces of Time East
  • Newberry, SC

1920's Waterfall Headboard and Footboard Repurposed Into a Bench

I took a 1920's full size Waterfall headboard, footboard and a crib mattress and transformed them into this beautiful bench!
waterfall headboard and footboard repurposed into a bench, painted furniture, shabby chic
Painted in Kristi Kuehl 100% Non-Toxic Pure Home Paints. Bisque, Distressed and Matte Protective Finish. Vintage Rag Banner front and a crib mattress for the cushion. Kuehl # MyPaintedLife
I had to raise the headboard in order for the side rails on the now cut-in-half footboard to meet up correctly....
We attached each of the footboard halves to the headboard using a Kreig jig.....
Built the bench platform and ta-da! She is ready to head to the store for her makeover!
GULP

To see more: http://www.piecesoftime.biz/

• Ann

Did you use chalk paint on this? Did you have to sand first? Love it! Just beautiful!!!

• Pieces of Time East

@Ann I did! I only use Kristi Kuehl Pure Home Paints and Finishes! No waxing...100% Non-Toxic and extremely durable! It will be featured in my upcoming reality show, My Painted Life!!

• Bre Casey

Great job....Love the color. You stated you only use Kristi Kuehl Pure Home Paints and Finishes! Where can I buy this brand? Thanks...again, great job!!!

• Pieces of Time East

You can get them online at www.piecesoftime.biz and also follow my work at Pieces of Time on Facebook!

• Bessie Renda Lobato

Is this for sle? where r u located?