Wooden Snowman Christmas Decor

On one of my many trips to the thrift store I found a large bag of little wooden parts and pieces. It looked as though someone had tried a few things on a new lathe and also gather a lot of bits and pieces. I had no idea what I would use them for but they intriqued me and I thought they would come in handy in the future.
Going through them I found a ball with a flat side and a cup like piece. I decided to glue the flat sides together and then painted it all white except the little lip on the cup - I painted black.
Then with a sharpie I added some eyes, a mouth and some buttons. Now it's starting to look like something.
I added a felt scarf and a little cap - and oh how cute he started looking. So I decided to give him a glitter bath to make him sparkle a bit.
Then I placed him in a forest of bottle brush trees and "faux" snow. Love this cute little scene that can be used not only for the holidays but well into the winter months.
For more details please go to http://www.vintagepaintandmore.com/2015/11/a-dose-of-diy-wooden-snowman.html.

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Cathy @Vintage, Paint and more....

• Linda Sikut

Cathy, this little guy is adorable. He may be 2 years old, but he was in a group of snowmen sent out in the Hometalk "newsletter" today. I just had to find your original post to tell you how much I love him! Merry Christmas!
  • .pThank you so much Linda - he is one of my favorite little guys to set out each year. Thank you for looking me up