Asked on Nov 16, 2015

I found tiny tiny ant like insects in my bathroom

SkshortSue SandersSandyG
+7

Are there any atural remedies that can be used
    Janet Pizaro

Try putting essential oils such as peppermint,or lemon in a bowl.

• Diatomaceous earth which is found in the pesticide area in Home Depot or Lowes. It is safe and will help with other insects as well. it is a white powder like substance which can be spread around the edges of your cabinets and baseboards. it kills most bugs including ants, roaches, and fleas. It is also used for bed bugs too.

• Donna L. Woods-Clements
    Donna L. Woods-Clements

If you don't have pets, you can sprinkle a line of borax (laundry section) around the baseboard or countertop where you're seeing them. They walk through it, don't like it, wash their feet, and zap! Dead bugs.

• Carol Harris
    Carol Harris

also I have found that bleach works, but be sure to not get it on fabric.

• TENITA DEAL
    TENITA DEAL

I have heard that using any powder like baby powder, cornstarch, or anything that will get on their tiny little feet will send them away.

• JoAnn Dibeler
    JoAnn Dibeler

Cornmeal. I forget how it kills them but they will carry it home for the community, they will eat it and die. It's recommended for fire ant hills here in TX

• Joanie
    Joanie

http://www.mashupmom.com/yes-borax-got-rid-of-the-ants/ This always does the trick at my house.

• SandyG
    SandyG

I mix tea tree oil, lavender oil and water, equal parts and spray. Natural and safe for crawling babies and pets.

• Sue Sanders
    Sue Sanders

I think the cornmeal swells in their digestive tract when gets moist. I have used sprinkling of flour to get rid of ants outside. Early spring when they started coming in I sprinkled flour on the ledge of my backsplash where they were traveling and they were gone in 5 minutes. For a heavy infestation I buy ant/spider spray and that also works. I had some large wood ants in a railroad tie that was bordering a flower bed and I used the flour on that and the ants and all the eggs dissappeared in 15 minutes. Its getting cold and mice will try to get into garages so put out a lid with instant potato flakes and another lid with water...I hear this kills mice as flakes swell up in their stomachs when they drink the water.

• Skshort
    Skshort

This blogger has a couple of homemade recipes for ant killer. www.mom4real.com