Fall Leaf Tree Luminaries

With a few dollar store supplies and some things you probably already have, you can make these beautiful Fall Leaf Tree Luminaries that would would be beautiful addition to your Thanksgiving Table or Decor.
Using Wax Paper, a leaf garland from the dollar store, Modge Podge (or glue), wine glasses and battery operated tea lights you can easily make these cute colorful leaf tree luminaries!
Tear off a sheet of wax paper. Approximately 8x10 and lay on a protected surface.
Cut the leaves from the garland and remove the plastic veins. Coat the wax paper with Modge Podge in sections and attach leaves. Overlap the leaves, but leave some space between them for the light to shine through.
Cover with another sheet of wax paper and stack some books on top to flatten out the leaves. After a couple hours, remove the top sheet of wax paper. The leaves should be flat at this point. Depending on how much glue you used, it will still take several hours for it to dry completely. I let mine dry overnight.
Once dry, roll into a cone shape and glue the edge with a hot glue gun. Trim the bottom so that you have a flat surface.
Fill wine glasses with tea lights. Cover with Leaf Tree Cone.
To finish off my trees, I used hot glue to attach a wooden bead to the top and added a raffia ribbon bow. They look very pretty without the lights on.
In low light, they have a beautiful glow.
For more pictures and details on this project, please visit my blog. Hope you and your families have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

• Connie Zacharkan

How do you remove the veins from the leaves? Is it really a necessary step? It seems like a lot of work. These are beautiful...I wonder if there is any type of leaf that could be used to make them more Christmassy.

• Danni Steinmeier

Dollar Tree also has bags of Fall leaves and they have no plastic veins on them.

• Nancy

How do you turn the tea lights on?

• Deborah Evelyn

Has anyone tried this with real leaves? Would it work with real leaves?