Fall Leaf Tree Luminaries

With a few dollar store supplies and some things you probably already have, you can make these beautiful Fall Leaf Tree Luminaries that would would be beautiful addition to your Thanksgiving Table or Decor.
fall leaf tree luminaries, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, thanksgiving decorations
Using Wax Paper, a leaf garland from the dollar store, Modge Podge (or glue), wine glasses and battery operated tea lights you can easily make these cute colorful leaf tree luminaries!
Tear off a sheet of wax paper. Approximately 8x10 and lay on a protected surface.
Cut the leaves from the garland and remove the plastic veins. Coat the wax paper with Modge Podge in sections and attach leaves. Overlap the leaves, but leave some space between them for the light to shine through.
Cover with another sheet of wax paper and stack some books on top to flatten out the leaves. After a couple hours, remove the top sheet of wax paper. The leaves should be flat at this point. Depending on how much glue you used, it will still take several hours for it to dry completely. I let mine dry overnight.
Once dry, roll into a cone shape and glue the edge with a hot glue gun. Trim the bottom so that you have a flat surface.
Fill wine glasses with tea lights. Cover with Leaf Tree Cone.
To finish off my trees, I used hot glue to attach a wooden bead to the top and added a raffia ribbon bow. They look very pretty without the lights on.
In low light, they have a beautiful glow.
For more pictures and details on this project, please visit my blog. Hope you and your families have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies

• Cindy Lynch

Could this be done with real fall leaves?

• Lei604859

Yes, of course you can! Use your potato peeler to get a bowlful of fall colored wax curls- by fall color I mean colors that match your leaves. Place your leaves the way you’d like them, put wax curls in between, but not on, your leaves. Put another piece of wax paper over that, cover with a dish towel, and iron on low heat all over. You’ll love the results!

• Karen

Cute, I wonder if you could do this with Christmas sprigs?

• Kelley843

I think if you are able to flatten the Christmas sprigs enough it should work. I would just play with placement of the sprigs so the lights shine through.

• Done

What size wax paper did you use

• Deb

She said 8x10 inches so I would say the smaller size, it is usually close 12 inches wide.