How to Make and Paint with Chalkpaint

I may be the last DIY person on earth to work with chalkpaint, but just in case, here is a method to making your own! Visit the link below for further tips and details.
Before picture- laminate desk from Target
After using chalkpaint - no sanding or priming! I used a foam roller and Purdy paintbrush to get a smooth finish. Light sanding and finish with Minwax finishing paste to protect the paint.
To make this homemade chalkpaint, I used 3 parts paint to one part Plaster of Paris. I mixed the Plaster of Paris powder with the water first to get a smooth consistency and then added the mixture to my paint.
One tip when making your own chalkpaint: Be careful to not add too much water. TRUST ME. Too much water will not allow the paint to bond well and the paint will chip right off. Not that I would know from experience or anything. :)

The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Ellora at Creatively Southern

• Laurel Steele
    Laurel Steele

So...you mix the plaster of paris with water according to directions on pp box?

• Laurel Steele
    Laurel Steele

What kind of paint do you mix the plaster of paris with, can you use those little samples you get at the paint store?