Breakfast Nook Table Makeover

Check out how I transformed this outdated table into the beautiful table you see now! It's now the focal point in our breakfast nook and is used daily by our family!
When I bought this awesome table, my husband hated the color and all the scratches, but it fit perfectly in our space! I knew it could be something beautiful with a little elbow grease!
First, I used a belt sander to strip off the layers of lacquer. You can see those scratches I mentioned, but I sanded those right off!
Look at how gorgeous that wood grain is! It's amazing how different the table looked once that orange color was removed!
Next, I scuffed up the legs slightly to prepare them for the paint. This is where that elbow grease comes in!
Next, I stained the tabletop because I was so excited to see how a different stain would change the look of this table. I was not disappointed!
For the rest of the steps, detailed instructions, and for information on stain and paint colors, head on over to the blog!
I love how this table turned out, and my husband loves it, too! What do you think of the new look?

Anna M

• Lori

fantastic, you should be very proud of yourself. I question if I could do that. Can you sand by hand also?

• Anna M

@Lori You could, but it may take a lot of elbow grease depending on how many coats are on your table. :)

• Thomas Olson

Please include sand paper grit size> What technique and how many coats of polyurethane. Do you use steel wool between coats?

Tom

• Diana Deiley

I'm a wood girl. LOVE what you did. The table is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

• Mary Ann

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL !!!

I love natural wood. I has a beauty all it's own.

Great job !!!