Melissa B
Melissa B
  • Forney, TX

My new headboard on a budget... $11

We have a Cal King bed and it's so hard to find a headboard. I was at the local charity thrift store and they had this giant headboard in the middle of the store. I asked how much they wanted and she said $5.00!!! I didn't even know if it would fit, but brought it home. It's a really heavy Thomasville, but in pretty rough shape. I cleaned it up pretty thoroughly (lots of spider webs...uggg). 2 cans of spray paint in a soft green and even the cat approves.
It was very rough and dirty.
It was very rough and dirty.
As you can see it needed a lot of cleaning.
Painted front and back.
Painted front and back.
Riley says this is good. it's actually a King size headboard a little wide for our Cal King, but it works.

• Creativity is Great

Hi I also saw one at a thrift store but I didn't have my measurements with me and I have an metal frame so id you attach it to the bed itself or the wall? It looks great I am so going back to see if it fits!

• Melissa B

Barb... i'm embarrassed.... I just stuck it up there and the frame of the bed is holding it up. DH had way too many projects at the time to get an adapter made to attach to the bedframe. Some day...