DIY Wood Slice Christmas Trees

My brain has been on Christmas overdrive and when I got this idea it was hard to contain my giddiness. It's probably no secret that I love using rustic wood elements. I used them in my wedding, my coffee table is a wooden industrial table, I tend to use wood elements in my past Christmas decor, etc.
So when I was thinking about what I could do with wood slices I had in my craft bag, I got what I thought was the most genius idea ever haha! "Why not make a 3 dimensional Christmas tree made out of wood slices?"
I just started layering the slices and adding more or taking some away until I got the shape I wanted and I absolutely love how this looks!
The best part is, I didn't glue them on top of one another, so I can still use the wood slices in future decor. I used a thick base as my tree trunk and helped to make it sturdier. I also loved incorporating the moss, which definitely enhances its rustic feel. I just used sheet moss on the bottom and then added reindeer moss (how appropriate?) to give it more depth.
I also added these great reindeer I got at the dollar store. I couldn't help, but add a little sparkle...
I also love this wooden box that I have been "borrowing" from mom for about a year now...shh, don't tell her!
This is great plaid ribbon that I got for $1 from Target and added just a little pop of color. I also loved using the backdrop for the wreath on this window I painted with chalkboard paint years ago.
This wood slice Christmas tree craft is honestly one of my favorite Christmas projects that I've ever done and I hope you like it too!

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
2 Bees in a Pod - Vicki and Jennifer

• Nancy

just stunning! what did you use to make the wreath?

• Kyn

Your wooden Christmas Trees are fantastic! Thanks for sharing your idea! Where did you get the wooden slices?

• Lde2821023

I would like to intergrade wood slices in the nativity scene .I need ideas to make this possible.The scene has large figurines ..please help,

• Pen1937709

Quite a bit different. I loved very much, because I can create other things with these ideas.

• Kathy

Beautiful! I have a limb waiting now at the saw that I never got to at Christmas. Will have quite a few slices to do many projects. Thanks for sharing this great idea!