DIY Wood Slice Christmas Trees

My brain has been on Christmas overdrive and when I got this idea it was hard to contain my giddiness. It's probably no secret that I love using rustic wood elements. I used them in my wedding, my coffee table is a wooden industrial table, I tend to use wood elements in my past Christmas decor, etc.
So when I was thinking about what I could do with wood slices I had in my craft bag, I got what I thought was the most genius idea ever haha! "Why not make a 3 dimensional Christmas tree made out of wood slices?"
I just started layering the slices and adding more or taking some away until I got the shape I wanted and I absolutely love how this looks!
The best part is, I didn't glue them on top of one another, so I can still use the wood slices in future decor. I used a thick base as my tree trunk and helped to make it sturdier. I also loved incorporating the moss, which definitely enhances its rustic feel. I just used sheet moss on the bottom and then added reindeer moss (how appropriate?) to give it more depth.
I also added these great reindeer I got at the dollar store. I couldn't help, but add a little sparkle...
I also love this wooden box that I have been "borrowing" from mom for about a year now...shh, don't tell her!
This is great plaid ribbon that I got for $1 from Target and added just a little pop of color. I also loved using the backdrop for the wreath on this window I painted with chalkboard paint years ago.
This wood slice Christmas tree craft is honestly one of my favorite Christmas projects that I've ever done and I hope you like it too!
2 Bees in a Pod - Vicki and Jennifer

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 13 comments
Next