Choochi Pearson
Choochi Pearson
  • Bossier City, LA

Furniture and Refinishings

One day while at the dump I saw these chest pf drawers, waiting for their final resting place. I asked my husband to load it in our truck and I would find a use for it. It must have sat in my garage for two years, when one day I decided to refinish it. Hope you enjoy it's new look.
I began taking the chest apart to sand and re glue the worn drawers.
Over all the chest wasn't in need of too much repair.
Removed the hard ware to replace and glued some more.
The bottom drawer was missing and the thin wood was warped too much, so I put in a thin piece of ply wood. This also made the chest stronger.
What will I do with the front of this door?
Repaired the corner of the drawer with wood filler. Shaped and sanded. The chip was on the bottom drawer of the smaller drawers.
The finished Chest with black and red paint and used a thin coat of black to antique it.
Painted the fixtures with Rustolem and put them back in place. Since there was no bottom draw to the chest I purchased some baskets for more storage.
The cross was the same color as the paint I used so I drilled small holes in it and applied some glue to the back and screwed it to the door .
I decided that it came out so well I would use it in my house!

• Lori Kent

Outstanding! I have an old dresser hanging out to be refinished, it's missing a drawer though. I love the idea of making the empty spot a shelf instead. Inspired!

• Oms2226782

it's beautiful! Interesting cross too