Tracey T
Tracey T
  • Mission, TX
Asked on Mar 9, 2013

Trees

Tracey TH.C. LawnKMS Woodworks
+6

I have seen some trees here in the Dallas area that I would like to know if anyone knows what they are..Most are shaped up like a pear and they all have tiny white blooms on them right now, no leaves yet.
  • KMS Woodworks

five white petals...typically means the plant belongs in the (rose family) of which apples, pears, cherry etc belong. There can be dozen of different varieties.

• Tracey T

Thank you, I have been looking all over the internet and haven't run across it yet! Maybe I will go up to the homeowner and ask them and hopefully they will know!

• Tracey T

I found out it is called a Bradford Pear..

, Bradford pear I went to my local Home Depot and this is the name theu gave me Such a lovey tree this time of year Looks like snow when spring is on it s way
  • Lawn Pro

Sounds like a Bradford pear tree.great tree,but doesn't standvup to --hurricanes and High winds.

• Jeanette S

One of the greatest pleasures of Spring here in Atlanta are the Bradford Pear Trees blooming. About 30+ years or so ago, they became the rage here so they are everywhere and I LOVE THEM!

Tracey, there are many good alternatives to Bradford pears, which are undeniably lovely when in bloom, but otherwise have a whole host of problems. See this from Alabama Cooperative Extension: http://www.aces.edu/extcomm/newspaper/may10b01.html

• KMS Woodworks

All of the trees in my yard are white today...but it is not due to flowers. We got just under a foot yesterday.

, Trees in bloom with fresh snow
  • H.C. Lawn

this says begin falling apart after 20 years ? really how many landscape last much more if they bloom every yr . I keep i UGLY peach tree out side my bed room window just because it looks so good for a week when it blooms . just saying do the other trees choices have the same flower ?

• Tracey T

Thank you ALL for your comments, I read that they are beautiful but not good trees to have. Jeanette I knew I had seen them in Ga. I used to live in Lawrenceville. I think the climate here is pretty much the same here. KMS love it! Magnificent beauty, I am a sun lover though..lol Doug thank you for the the link, I will check up on it! H.C I would love to see a photo of your peach tree in bloom, please share once it does! I love Hometalk for this reason, being able to ask and receive..Thanks again!