The "Other Side" of the Pallet Project

I created a pallet sign and garden planter a few weeks ago, but soon realized that my design theme was much more suited for a Spring and Summer display. So I decided to add a winter design theme to the other side of the pallet.
I first had to spray paint the back side in the same Seaside color by Rust-Oleum to keep a consistency in the background color, plus it was easier to keep the excess spray from getting on the other side of the pallet design. To create the design, I used different size bowls and plates for the circles that I traced in pink chalk. I found that using chalk instead of a pencil is so much easier to see - and remove any mistakes - especially with the free-hand drawing of the rest of the design that I did. If I didn't like what I drew, I could easily remove it with a damp towel, and try again.
A simple painting/spelling error created a problem in my design that I was luckily able to hide by added a "yard sign" look to the bottom of the pallet. It was late at night when I was painting the lettering so it made for a good laugh and a good indication I needed to put the paints away for the night.
Right now the sign looks a little out of place with the fallen leaves scattered on the porch and my fall themed wreath, but right after Thanksgiving I will put out my snowman wreath for the winter and it will all be okay.
This is a picture of the side of the pallet that I will display during the Spring and Summer months, and the Snowman will be for Christmas and the Winter months. By doing both sides of the pallet I can use the pallet year round and not have to find a place to store it.

Donna Powell

• Letta Staggs

Did you add some boards to the back? Love it

• Donna Powell

@Letta Stagg Hey Letta, no I actually took more than one pallet out of the dump truck from our roof repairs so the one I used for this project actually had more boards on it than some of the others.