DIY File Cabinet Desk

I'm here for another round of The Home Depot Gift Challenge! I'm really enjoying teaming up with some of these amazing ladies and really getting my creative juices rolling! In this challenge (if you are new here) we are to take one item from The Home Depot and create something with that item. We are not sponsored by Home Depot; we just love their products and visit them frequently! This month's challenge was all about furniture legs.
Onto the tutorial....here are the items that you will need to complete this project:
2 furniture legs
file cabinet
wrapping paper
mod podge
wood for desktop
spray paint
gorilla glue
First I used mod podge to adhere the cut to size decorative wrapping paper to the front of the drawers. I removed the handles and spray painted them gold. I then spray painted everything except the top of the file cabinet as I wanted the glue to adhere nicely to the top of the cabinet.
The next step was to cut the legs to size. The legs I bought were too tall for the height of the file cabinet.
For the full tutorial please head on over to my blog! I love how it compliments my craft closet and guest room! I can't wait to do my first craft on it!

15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Refashionably Late

• Wandalee

I have thought about a similar project using two cabinets? Is there any specific reason you decided on legs ?

• Frances

In a small room/area it gives the perception of a more open feeling. Also a glass top would help to create an illusion of openness.

• Suzanne

Do you use a spray gun?

• Nikki

What type of wood did you use for the top? I like the smoothness of it. Is it sturdy enough for a computer?