Mobile Gift Wrap Cart

I'm embarrassed to admit my gift wrapping supplies have been shoved haphazardly into a tub for years . After the holidays every single year, I promise to organize it but I'm so tired it just has been overlooked. That is until now.
It all started with these large crates from Crates and Pallet. They graciously sent me two for a holiday storage campaign. Luckily, I had the perfect project and knew just what I'd do with them.
I'd been admiring this gift wrapping cart from Home Decorators but the price tag not so much. I knew my handy hubby could build me one and most likely it would be a better version than the original.
We started with a few pine panels to build the outer shell of the cart. My hubby used the dado system (U-shaped grooves in the middle of a board) so there isn't a single nail or screw to be found!
Look at all that storage! Now, it was ready for the finishing touches...paint!
My hubby came up with this clever system to hold the dowels for the ribbon rolls. The rod can be easily removed to add ribbon and won't pop out during normal use.
The amount of storage our version of the gift wrap cart has is abundant. There are 11 rolls of paper inside and room for loads more.
Using the large crates gave so much more space for bags, bows and tissues than the original drawers, which were small and narrow.
We are totally prepared now for the wrapping marathon over the next month. Once you see mine and read the rest of my blog post you just might need one for yourself!
Hometalk friends, I entered this project in Ryobi Nation's Sawdust and Snow contest. It would mean the world to me if you would take time to vote for me! I can't win without you! Vote here: https://www.ryobitools.com/nation/projects/5423
The entire tutorial is on my blog here:
http://www.highstylerestyle.com/blog/diy-mobile-gift-wrap-station

To see more: http://www.highstylerestyle.com/blog/diy-mobile-gift-wrap-station

• Sandi F.B.

I would definitely buy one of these for my craft storage. Right now my stuff is scattered in too many places and can't find what I need when I need it. LOL (My husbands woodworking skills were never very good, bless his heart for trying though) Your husband is very handy and it looks fantastic. did he use a pattern or make it up as he went along. If he used a could you post it showing the material list? Again great job !!!!

• Highstyle Restyle

@Sandi F.B. We didn't use a template. He just took the dimensions and description of what I wanted and ran with it. It really is a great storage system. I can wheel it out wherever I want it and everything is right there. :)

• Becky Dellinger Robertson

what a wonderful idea!!!

• Victoria Allison

I love the cart! Very creative! I also took a look at your web page and other projects. You have a great sense of design. I was also impressed with Triple Threats shop space and his homemade table saw inserts with the splitter. I could never get my shop made splitters to work right with alignment. I will also be voting for you for the Ryobi contest! Great job all around!

• Highstyle Restyle

@Victoria Allison Thank you so much Victoria. I've always loved putting things together in different ways. I'll be sure to tell Triple Threat...he is usually behind the scenes so that will make his day. :) I sure appreciate your vote too! I really want him to win so he can get more tools to help with more projects. :)