Make Your Own Gift Bags

I'm sure gift giving is on the minds of of lots of people about now, and I've got an easy and fun tutorial today on how you can make your own unique and inexpensive gift bags.
make your own gift bags, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor
These cute gift bags come together quickly, and if you get started now, you'll have a good supply of them in plenty of time for gift giving in a few short weeks.
My favorite thing about these custom bags is that the material is a collection of discounted wrapping paper, things that would probably be thrown away otherwise, and leftover ribbons and embellishments from other crafting projects.
If you're a post-season clearance shopper, you've likely got a stash of seasonal wrapping paper, ribbons, and accent pieces that will be perfect for this project. And, everyone usually has plenty of cereal, cracker, and snack boxes in the pantry.
The only other supplies you'll need are scissors, tape, and a hole punch.
Simply wrap an empty box in wrapping paper, leaving extra paper at the top to fold into the inside,
then add ribbon to the top for handles, and finish with colorful tissue paper and embellishments, if you'd like.
Even though the Christmas season is approaching, these bags are so versatile that they can be adapted to most any gift-giving occasion. Use your imagination and create your own custom bags that you can be guaranteed will be unique and special.
They're also economical since the supplies are leftover crafting supplies and empty boxes otherwise headed to the garbage can. Thrifty, fun, and unique - what could be better?
Head over to the blog for the full tutorial.
Processing...

To Work With My Hands

• Kay p.

Any ideas,on how to keep pets(ie,dogs,cats,etc.) off of them,and from scratching them up?

• Chris Walker

Love this idea and my granddaughter will love doing this with me. I get tired of breaking down the boxes for trash.

• Cheryl Brevig

I used to help out at our local fabric store and would make dozens and use them to wrap purchases. I also sewed fabric tie bags from scraps and used these for smaller purchases like thread, buttons, etc. The customers loved their little extra treat with their purchase and reused them for their own gifts. I quit doing it though when I found a whole stack of bags for sale at our local SA thrift store!!!!

• To Work With My Hands

I'm sure it did add a special touch to purchases. Using fabric scraps is a great idea! Thank you for sharing, Cheryl!

• Cra25635165

I teach "repurposed" workshops to kids of all ages (from preschoolers, to pre-teens, to teens, to "senior" adults) and one of the projects we've been doing for several years is this idea using all sizes of cereal, protein bar, snack boxes. In order to make the boxes even sturdier, I "beg" our local local Lowe's and Home Depot stores to give me their discontinued books of wallpaper samples, then we cut and glue those papers on the boxes. I also came up with several unique embellishments as well, also using the papers, so my workshop attendees are always in awe of their creations!
    www.EarthInspiredCrafts.com