Creatively Living
Creatively Living
  • Richland, WA

His/Hers Chair Makeover

These chair makeovers were done for the November Fab Furniture Flippin Contest! Our awesome sponsor was Minted, who donated the fabric for the chair recovery. They have the best handprinted fabric, so I was thrilled to get a chance to work with them!
his hers chair makeover, painted furniture, reupholster
Here is a shot of the finished product! These actually took a lot less work than I thought they would and I figured out how to recover them without using my sewing machine!
I found these chairs along a road by my house and since I can't pass up free furniture, I had the kids put them in my garage. I needed two chairs for our upstairs school area, and figured these would be great once they were recovered.
After sanding, priming and painting the arms and legs, I folded and stapled the material around the bottom cushion. I wrapped the material around the top cushion like I would for a present, stapling where the material would meet and then gluing trim over the staples. I was so happy to not have to sew anything!
I really like some of the detail these chairs had, like the streamlined arms and the round black circles that the screws add.
I'm really happy with the way these chairs turned out! They were also free to me! Office chairs are typically inexpensive at thrift stores and (as you now know), pretty easy to recover! A big thanks to Minted and the Fab Furniture Flippin team for a great contest!

Creatively Living

• Lina

I don't know if this would work but, if you rounded the edges a bit, would they, could they be rockers?

• Creatively Living

I personally don't think so. I don't think there is enough wood on the leg to be rounded enough to rock, but that is a fun idea! I never would have thought of that!

• Betty

Free is awesome! What a great transformation! Did you have to use outdoor fabric?

• Debtroup

Did you use a glue gun for the trim? What kind of glue? Deb