DIY Glittering Gift and Treat Boxes

$1

Why are small gift and treat boxes SO EXPENSIVE? Every time I want to give a tiny gift or little treat, I have to spend upwards of $5 just to wrap it. I spotted some glittery washi tape, and I knew it was destined to jazz up some gift this year.
diy glittering gift and treat boxes, crafts
I make a lot of jewelry gifts, and it's nice to make the outside look just as special as the inside. When you consider how long a roll of tape and some sturdy paper can last, you can make several gift boxes for the price of just one in the Christmas aisles!
All I used were some pieces of cardstock (nothing fancy, just 65# paper in colors I like), Scotch® Expressions washi tape in glittery colors, a craft knife, and adhesive. I used double sided tape to assemble my boxes, but craft glue or glue dots would also work just fine.
Next, I created designs with the glitter tapes. I opted for classic stripes, but you can really get creative here! Just trim off any tape that overhangs the edges.
Next, I used a gift box punch board to make up my boxes. This one happens to be WeRMemoryKeepers and I am going to get a LOT of use out of it now that I figured out how quick it is to punch and fold a box! You could also just Google "free gift box printables" and use anything you like.
This size is perfect for a tiny treat - like for your secret Santa, a co-worker, or tossing into a lunch box.
When you're done you can add a ribbon, or just tape it closed since there's plenty of bling!
You can read more about my process and my experience using the tapes that Scotch® Brand sponsored if you click the link below. But if you're the type who wants to WASHI TAPE ALL THE THINGS then this idea should get your wheels turning!! :)
Adrianne Surian