'a casarella
'a casarella
  • San Diego, CA

A fun way to organize your craft room!

Learn to make these cute mason jar twine holders. It's a great way to organize your craft room using items you already have (plus a few extras from the hardware store).
Update: I would like to address the two biggest questions I've received regarding this project:
Question #1. Where did I get the daisy lids? I have included three links on my blog where you can purchase them. One link takes you to gold
I needed a way to organize my ever growing collection of baker's twine.
I wanted to display the twine in a mason jar and be able to pull it through the cut-outs in a daisy lid, but I had to find a way to keep it from getting jumbled up inside.
I picked up some 6" long bolts, some hex nuts, and some washers at the hardware store.  Then I put the bolt through the top of the daisy cut out lid.
I picked up some 6" long bolts, some hex nuts, and some washers at the hardware store. Then I put the bolt through the top of the daisy cut out lid.
Then I alternated spools of twine and washers...
...until it looked like this!  (I screwed the nut on the bottom to keep the spools secure.)
...until it looked like this! (I screwed the nut on the bottom to keep the spools secure.)
And here is the finished product!
And here is the finished product!
It's as pretty as it is neat and efficient.
If you'd like to learn more, including where to buy the lids, check out my post at: http://www.acasarella.net/2013/03/mason-jar-twine-holders.html.
'a casarella

• Robin

I really like this idea, and because I have a ton of canning jars, I’m trying this

• Cindy

Yes I lo r it..cool idea. Thank you for sharing with everyone!