From Cutting Board to Trendy Tray!

A rustic, farmhouse-style serving tray is easier (and cheaper) than you may think! You wouldn't believe what this started as...
Click HERE for the full set of instructions!
from cutting board to trendy tray, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, thanksgiving decorations
This is what I started with- a scarred, stained board from the thrift store. Didn't look very nice, but the price was right. Plus is was the perfect size to repurpose as a serving tray.
After buying it, I cleaned it up and did some prep work to get it ready for the next step. It looked totally different- what a difference already.
Click HERE to find out what I did!
After wiping it down, I gave it two coats of a favorite wood stain...one that yields a gorgeous rustic appearance. Love that variation in color!
Depending on how you use it, there are two ways to seal it- a food safe way and a non-food safe way. Check out my blog for the details!
Following that, I added handles...ta-da, a fun, easy, and GORGEOUS serving tray!
Last Thanksgiving, I actually left it out on our coffee table and stacked coasters and cocktail napkins on it. It worked like a CHARM! Everyone put their drinks on it and I didn't have to fret about water rings- HURRAY!!

Sadie Seasongoods

• Sandy Hartnett

Wonderful idea! Hugs

• Kathe

When I did mine a couple years ago. I put the hardware on the sides. Of course, my board was thicker.