How To Repurpose A Picture Into A Tray

$2-5

My husband and I helped my mother in law getting rid of lots of stuff from her home last summer. I think she was kind of picture fan because she had the walls full of them, do you remember those I transformed into my romantic pictures? I still have a lot waiting for some inspiration in my basement, but I came across this one and suddenly an idea crossed my mind.
I remembered taking a picture of it once I had drilled the sides and removed some black paint, but you can see how it was before.
So the process was really simple, I took it all apart and applied one coat of DIY chalk paint both on glass and frame, and let it dry. Then I sprayed in silver the frame and let it dry again.
On a plastic container I mixed some water and white glue, ratio about 1:1, and brushed the painted glass with it. Then I took some cute damask gift paper I bought some time ago for no reason, just because I saw it and I thought I would use it someday, and started to glue it on the glass. I carefully removed any air bubbles while gluing it, and trimmed the borders. Guess what... let it dry!! It's so hard to be a DIY-er, you have to wait for the things to dry!! Maybe that's why I always handle about 3-4 different things at a time, no need to wait
When the frame was ready, I just added some cabinet pulls I had which were silver as well. To finish, I put everything together and gave it some spray varnish to protect
What do you think, isn't it much better? And I'm really happy I gave that ugly picture a whole new life.
You can do other things with old frames, just have a look at my site. Enjoy your weekend!

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Sweet Things - Pili