DIY Christmas Ornament - #christmasornament

So please don't think I am too crazy when you see this.. I promise it looks lovely in the end. I love to upcycle and reuse things I already have. Unfortunately some of our Christmas ornaments have faded or simply are a bit old. Instead of throwing them out, try to think of some clever ways to reuse them..Here is what I did
diy christmas ornament christmasornament, christmas decorations, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I really wanted to give my old baubles some texture so added some rice..
I put a layer of PVA glue (or Elmers glue in USA) over the bauble . I used PVA instead of mod podge as I thought it is thicker so the rice would stick nicer to it.
sprinkle rice over the bauble, then seal with a layer of PVA and let dry. I repeated the step twice to make sure it is all covered. Then simply spray painted in gold, sprinkled some glitter and sealed with acrylic spray.
Hope you like the result!!

From Evija with Love

• Zoraida Gonzalez
    18 minutes ago

I love this idea!

• Cathy Smith
    26 minutes ago

I lost everything in my home last year right before Christmas..its so difficult.

I love this idea. And in the future I will keep this in mind.

I love decorating for Christmas. I put up trees in every room almost. Each one had a different theme. I would add to my inventory after Christmas when things were on Sale.

This is a great idea, I will keep in mind for the future.

Thanks for sharing