Entryway Update

It's been a while since I shared an Entryway Update. I have been working on few little things here and there and I wanted to give you a looksie on the happenings. Here is how it looked years ago before we started out remodel.
And here is what it looks like now years after the remodel and with a few new updates.
(To see more of the entryway remodel story from a few years back, please check out elizabethjoandesigns.com)
Because extra mulah isn't always easy to come by when it comes to updating and beautifying hallways, I decided to utilize our favorite tip for decorating when you are pretty much broke. Painting. I applied several coats of white paint our front door. What a difference that made. Buh-bye dingy, non-matching, off-white colored door, and hello clean, bright-white entrance!
For our April Home Depot Monthly Gift Challenge, I created this lovely "hello" welcome sign using a 2"x4". (You can check out this project at elizabethjoandesigns.com) It has found it's home right here in our entryway. Silently greeting everyone as they come in.
When we turned our coat closet into a bench, my vision for this space was to act as a comfy nook to read in, put shoes on, or a place to cozy up with the laptop and get some work done. It really has been just that, but the throw pillows are truly essential in making these ideas a reality. I already had the perfect pillows. They just didn't match the space very well, but thanks to these gray and white striped cases I purchased from H&M, now they do! Yay!
Since the addition of the bench, we also added three wooden crates for shoe storage. I purchased the boxes from Walmart unstained. Then I updated them a with my favorite stain, Minwax Special Walnut.
I am totally that person that can never find their keys. I am always miss placing them. I usually find them in the door lock, but that's not something I can always count on. So to help remedy this situation, I added a few Command Hooks behind our front door to hand hang our keys on.
One of my favorite decor items I own is displayed here in the hallway: a faux succulent terrarium I purchased from the grocery store of all places. Doesn't it look cute on my entryway bookshelf?
Well, that's all I have for you today. We just LOVE how everything has turned out. Hope you enjoyed seeing the new changes around here.

Elizabeth Joan Designs

• Corinne rodrigues

Where do you hang your coats, n jackets?

• Jamie

Yes the opposite wall, and if not there do it inside cubical

• Gail Morey

Where did you find that rug.? Just painted my kitchen two shades of grey and that rug would be perfect.

• Erika Puchi

I have a really small condo and I'm trying to do something like this I just started diy stuff but I'm braking everything in my apt literally can you please help

, So entry way has stairs and dnt know how to organize
    • Denise Perry Shalifoe

Is it possible to get rid of the cabinet and replace it with a tall skinny one closer to the steps so the front door can be opened farther? Then you could have coat hooks near the door up high and purse hooks lower on the wall. Also, you could utilize the side of a tall cabinet for coat hooks.

• Linda Abate

Love your idea of turning a closet into an area where especially little ones can sit quietely and read or play. If the closet is large enough and you do not need it for storage/coats, this makes perfect sense. I love the storage baskets underneath and the hooks for an extra blanket or two. You could probably use a crib mattress on the bench or a nice thick piece of foam. A fabulous job done.
  • Bgonzales36

LOVE IT!