Build A Pond In A Box

Water features or little container ponds can fit in any size garden. One option is to build a pond in a box or raised bed. I installed this one near the front porch where the ground was impossible to dig. Make sure you check local bylaws for regulations concerning any water features, ponds, or pools and put safety first.
I had just enough room for a 4x8' raised bed by our front porch so I decided to put a little pond it.
While you may not have to dig for a raised pond, you will need extra soil to fill in the gaps around the pond..
When the pond is ready, first add water, wait a few days, then add water plants, and a few weeks later it's ready for fish. See my blog for more details.
This old belt buckle became the insignia on the side of the pond.
Lavender and self-seeding pansies gave the pond some vibrant colour.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• Tegma

Thanks! I am thinking to try it exactly like that, with the rocks hanging over the edge!

• Anji41

Love it.