Judith
Judith
  • Huntington Beach, CA

Merry Mason!

OK, they`re not all Mason jars, but I got inspired to create my own snow globes after viewing all the wonderfully, creative posts out there. Not alot of money spent here. I raided my cupboards for any clear jars I could find. The only thing really that I didn't have on hand were the main players, the figurines! Those were purchased at Walmart. I love how they look all lined up on my kitchen counter. Something enchanting about little snow scenes behind glass, don't you think? : )
merry mason, christmas decorations
An old Christmas card looked so much alike that it had to be included!
merry mason, christmas decorations
On tippy-toes making sure that letter gets mailed to Santa!
merry mason, christmas decorations
The base of this one wouldn`t fit in the jelly jar so I just used it as a topper!
merry mason, christmas decorations
To mimic `ice` I tucked in a little round mirror at the bottom and covered the edges with the snow`. You could also tuck in one of those battery-operated tealights so your snow globe twinkles from the inside!
merry mason, christmas decorations
Even the family dog got in the act! Hubby painted markings on him to look just like our little puppy dog! Little does that poor postman know that he`s laying-in-wait! lol
merry mason, christmas decorations
All lined up on my kitchen counter : )

• RichandTammy Whiteside

These are absolutely beautiful! My old eyes cannot determine what you used for "snow" and "ice", would you mind sharing? Thank you!

• Judith

Thank you! I just used the faux `fake` snow that comes in a package. You can purchase it almost anywhere. If I recall, I bought the `snow` I used here at Walmart. The figurines used were purchased at Walmart as well. Merry Christmas! ; )

• Janie Franklin

I absolutely love these! Thank you for sharing :-)

• Sand357

These are so cool ! Nice job !! I did make a few last year similar to these & using Mason Jar lids was able to glue magnets to the small tea lights .... and put light upside down on lid to give some glow inside the jar. You need some height in jar for this method though. This particular jar with metal lid I found at a dollar store (lid snaps on not screws on). Same idea though....was able to glue a small magnet to the back of a tea light & it stuck to lid. (used epsom salts for snow). I really like though how each of your's tells a story. Very awesome !!