Southern Trillium LLC
Southern Trillium LLC
  • Stone Mountain, GA

Wanted to share some photos of a project we enjoyed working on in 2010.

The client wanted a decorative fence and gate at the end of their driveway. Another contractor had finished building the Japanese Tea-house inspired shed as we began working on the landscape design. The following is more detail on this project that we designed and built in-house for our client.
After several sketches and multiple ideas on the design and pattern for the fence and gate, we reached the final plan. As you can see in the photos, we designed a Cedar semi-private fence with lots of detail. The lower section has alternating sizes of vertical boards. The upper section offers the next pattern. A cedar shingle roof covers the fencing. Then we have the large walk-through gate with overhead cedar roof. The gate is built out of solid cedar with half-lapped joints and a custom inset using black bamboo.
The details continue in that there are almost no fasteners visible from either side of the fence and gate. We used construction methods that are typical to furniture building to hide the screws from sight. It takes longer to build anything this way, but the finished project is like a beautiful piece of furniture.
Close view of the fence and gate.
View looking from the front yard down the driveway.
A detail shot of the joint work of the gate.
Looking through the gate along the fieldstone stepping stones.
Angled view with open gate.

• Bryon Cole

I'm almost done building my own Japanese inspired gate. All my own design. I just need to finish making the screens and do the landscaping.

, Front home Japanese style entrance gate Built by hand from cedar and stained with a redwood tinted stain
  • Connie wedding

Hold that gate open!...I'm gonna take a flying leap into that pool!!!