A Creative Staircase Makeover

$25-50
3 Weeks
Advanced

Our staircase is the first thing you see when you walk into our home and it suffered from dingy carpeing syndrome. I decided to rip off the old carpet and give it a decorative paint job. It was a bit more work than I thought it would be but in the end, all of the time and backaches was well worth it. I love my stais now! To read about the entire transformation please visit my post
My Dingy, Drab Staircase BEFORE
My Dingy, Drab Staircase BEFORE
After removing the carpeting and hours spread over weeks of plucking out staples, the stairs are ready for a good sanding.
The first coat of stain goes on the steps.
My Beautiful Painted Staircase All Finished!

• Sandy Oliver

LOVE IT.......!
  • Millies_mom47

Hi I have to tell you how BEAUTIFUL the stairs are! I absolutely LOVE LOVE them!! I really wish I could do them, I have a bad back and other joint issues! But I do soooo LOVE them! My husband does good work but this just isn't his cup of tea, so I'll to find a way to work it out.