Donna R
Donna R
  • Dexter, MI
Asked on Dec 16, 2011

I have a boring two storey fireplace.

Walter M. Springs ConstructionKMS WoodworksDonna R
+3

Thinking of putting bright white stacked stone on. Anybody know whee i can buy these reasonably cheap as they are very expensive. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! I live in Michigan! Thanks
  • KMS Woodworks

Interior or exterior? and what is the surface currently? There are a number of "faux" stone veneer products available. As well as real stone products. These guys are in your neighborhood and it looks like they have a decent following. http://www.thestoneshopinc.com/the-stone-shop-blog.html

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

If it's brick, you can paint on a washed look fairly reasonably. Do you have a picture? Best, Charles

• Or you can use various brick/masonry stains to change its color if it is brick already.

• Donna R

The fireplace is in the greatroom, and is just painted plasterboard at the moment!

• KMS Woodworks

Tile is another option...being a wall the tile could be set directly on the wallboard. In this pic I installed tile on the side wall of a fireplace, in this case the tile was slate and it was installed over cinderblock.

i have a boring two storey fireplace thinking of putting bright white stacked stone, fireplaces mantels, home decor, hvac, living room ideas, slate wall
  • I used waterfall slate to cover a masonry fireplace, worth the upgrade. If you can't spring for the upgrade or use a little elbow grease and layout the tiles with "nap" reversing from row to row for a great and interesting look.