Faux Acorn Christmas Ornaments

These Faux Acorn Christmas Ornaments are created from plastic Easter eggs & can be personalized to your taste for an adorable addition to your Christmas tree!
I am super excited about these Acorn Christmas Ornaments!!
Do they look familiar?
Originally they were old Easter Eggs, then I turned them into Fall Acorn decorations (you can find the tutorial on my Hometalk profile), & now I have repurposed them again & made them into Christmas ornaments!
Don't you love double duty decor?!
Materials
Easter Eggs
Spray Paint
Twine
Pinecones
Hot Glue Gun & Glue
Christmas Ornament Hooks
Mod Podge - optional
Glitter - optional
One of my favorite things about these Acorn Christmas Ornaments is that you can customize & personalize them however you like so that you will have one-of-a-kind Christmas Ornaments!
I spray painted my Easter Eggs with gold, silver, & chalkboard paint. Then I topped them with twine & pinecone pieces, & hot glued them along with an ornament hook & a little twig to act as the stem.
But you could spray paint them according to your color scheme or favorite Christmas colors & top them with anything!
I even have a few Easter egg acorns that I covered in glitter this fall that I might turn into Christmas ornaments too!
Oh & the best part, you can even put little gifts into the center of the acorn if you don't glue the pieces together. Isn't that fun?
You can read read my full DIY Acorn Christmas Ornaments post (with a step-by-step tutorial & more pictures) & find many more of my Christmas Ornament tutorials by clicking the link below.

Giustina

• Jeanette

Oh my goodness I tried this , this very morning. But I had some leftover bleached pinecones from my impervious project wow what a difference . Love Love Love them absolutely great for tree this year. Thank you

• Rose Bilyk

That gives me an idea. She said u can put a gift in the acorns if you don’t glue them. U can turn it into a advent calendar.