Laura, Pet Scribbles
Laura, Pet Scribbles
  • Little Egg Harbor, NJ

Mason Jar Gift for the Crafty Paint Lover!

You've seen "gift in a jar" ideas everywhere, right? Well, here's one for the craft paint lover on your list! For anyone who loves to craft with paints and stencils - this is a fabulous gift idea! (I know, because I based it on what I would love to receive!)
mason jar gift for the paint lover, chalk paint, chalkboard paint, crafts, mason jars
First, an assortment of chalky finish paints, chalkboard paint, some plastic lids to use as palettes, and a lint-free white rag.
Next, you need brushes - both artist brushes and foam brushes. Toss in some alphabet stencils as well as stencil brushes. (To fit the stencils inside the jar, just cut them up vertically. I've got more details in my blog post link below.)
Because I wanted the brushes to stick out, I removed the inner "lid" from the jar. I realize this is sort of cheating, but hey - I based this gift on what I'd love! LOL I added some fun washi tape too.
Make it festive and colorful with an assortment of ribbons and trims tied on or near the handle of the mason jar.
I found a pretty metal word embellishment in the jewelry aisle at Michael's, and simply threaded ribbon through it to wrap about the mason jar.
For more details, as well as a list of the specific items I added to this mason jar gift, just click on my blog post link below!
Laura, Pet Scribbles