Miniature Gingerbread Baking Scene Christmas Ornament

$10

Every year I bake over 100 gingerbread houses for friends, neighbors, my girls' classmates, etc--just like my mom did when I was growing up! I decided to memorialize this cherished Christmas tradition by making a cute miniature gingerbread baking scene Christmas ornament.
So cute, right? Sometimes I'm so impressed with myself. ;-) I made one of these for each of my girls (my favorite baking assistants), and signed and dated the back.
To make your own, you'll need just a few basic supplies from the craft store (polymer clay, wooden squares, puff paint, etc.) and miniature specialty molds to make the little cookie shapes. I got mine from The Mouse Market. So much miniature cuteness there!
Rolling pins were made with short lengths of dowel and handles made out of Fimo, baked and glued to the ends of the wood.
Glue the elements to a pre-cut and finished square of wood from the craft store, and voila, you have an utterly adorable gingerbread baking scene ornament!
I made a larger version for the garland in my kitchen where I display all of my food-related Christmas ornaments.
This is exactly what my kitchen looks like at gingerbread time! I'm so glad I finally combined three things I love so much: Christmas decorations, miniature anything, and gingerbread!

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Nikki Wills

• Jennifer Thompson

Unforgettably cute!

• Liz Guest

Every year, I also make gingerbread houses, trains, villages, etc...not near as many, but it was always with my kids, now it's with my grandkids! This is a great idea!!