Carey B
Carey B
  • Bridge City, TX
Asked on Dec 16, 2011

Living room from another angle. Good or bad?

KMS WoodworksCarey BDonna McCrummen
+11

Living room from different angle. good or bad?
  • I would replace the sofa table with the bench you have there. The rest seems to be good.

• 3po3

Are these two couches attached or just back-to-back? It seems awkward if people are sitting in both couches. They can't really talk to each other, and they may be bumping heads. Or I am totally misreading the photos.

• Looks good to me, just change the channel! Its a repeat program anyway.

• Carey B

2more pics

living room from another angle good or bad, living room ideasliving room from another angle good or bad, living room ideas
  • KMS Woodworks

At first I was a little confused...but then I thought ...is that a giant mirrored wall? Then I realized it was not. Having one couch facing away from the room center is a bit weird. In most living rooms all of the seating faces each other so the users can all have face to face contact. I know that many homes put the TV as a focal point and worship it...as viewing data shows that the average american home watches 6+ hours of TV per day. When the focal point changes the overall intimacy factor can also change. Your rooms layout should reflect the rooms goals.

• Carey B

Any other opinions?

• Donna McCrummen

Carey B. are there other pictures from different angles? The sofas back to back don't work but I'd like to see other angles.

• Carey B

This is from the middle of the living room.

living room from another angle good or bad, living room ideasliving room from another angle good or bad, living room ideas, Patio door going outside to my back patio
  • 3po3

Love the fleur-de-lis. Do you have New Orleans roots?

• Carey B

YES! Hubby is a big 'Saints" fan. We are about 200 miles from New Orleans. Bon ton roulette!!!!!

• Donna McCrummen

What's across from the black sofa? or is that a bench?

• Carey B

No, it is that big picture with the ferns on both sides. (seen in 1st pic) Like you are sitting and looking at a gallery? I think the pic was taken from in middle of room (back to TV)

• KMS Woodworks

Hey...thats a sweet desk.