Jennifer Allwood
Jennifer Allwood
  • Kansas City, MO

Need LAST MINUTE Thanksgiving Table Ideas?

I know there are virtually NO MINUTES LEFT until the holidays. But the good news is that I have some table ideas for you that are quick, easy and 90% disposable when you are done eating on Thanksgiving day! It LOOKS fancy, but you are able to pitch most of it!
need last minute thanksgiving table ideas, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, thanksgiving decorations
The reason I like DISPOSABLE is because there is nothing worse than cooking for hours. Then eating for 20 minutes. And then spending hours BACK in the kitchen cleaning up. Especially while everyone else is snoozing, shopping the ads or watching "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation".... a classic in our house. THESE Thanksgiving ideas will help you to clean up quick so you can get back to your family!!!!
I started with 3 logs from my neighbor's woodpile (good neighbors let you steal their logs for Hometalk posts). Ha!
The little chalkboard "necklaces" are from the $1 bin at Target.
The candles on top are from a women's event at my church last week.
The pumpkins are all leftover from my fall front porch decor.
The table runner is a burlap one from Hobby Lobby that I've had for years. It's sitting on top of a garage sale metallic runner, but I've also decorated tables with a bed sheet or a huge fabric remnant before. The point is, put some sort of fabric down under your centerpiece. You don't HAVE to go buy something. Anything that is a fall color with some texture WORKS!
I already had the silver chargers which are on the bottom of each place setting. The copper plate is a PAPER PLATE from Hobby Lobby. I love these paper plates because they are gorgeous, but are totally able to be thrown away!!!
On top of the copper plate is a leaf shaped salad bowl from the Dollar Store. I joked on my Periscope today that I would prefer to fill that leaf bowl with mashed potatoes and corn instead of salad Ha! All the Iowa girls are in total agreement.
I used a roll of craft paper (Home Depot or Lowes) for the "tablecloth" and left the guests an area to write out what they are thankful for.... an idea I first saw on Cottage In the Oaks blog. Genius!
The cups are also disposable. I just wrapped twine around one and a ribbon around the other. Easy breezy. And throwaway!!!!!
I hope this will give you some ideas for your own Thanksgiving table this year. A good way to cut down on stress is to NOT MAKE IT SO HARD ON YOURSELF. You can quickly throw something together for little money and little clean up. And your guests will still feel special and loved at the same time.
If you are looking for other holiday decorating ideas, I'd love for you to come find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/themagicbrushinc
Have a blessed Thanksgiving!!

Jennifer Allwood