Stuck bathtub lever, I can't remove it.

+7
My bathtub won't drain due to a stuck lever type drain stopper. Have taken off overflow to try to remove the mechanism. It won't move. I've tried lubricant, hot vinegar and muscle.
  • Diana Diana on Nov 25, 2015
    Try WD-40
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Nov 25, 2015
    Maybe these or others on the same YouTube pages can help.
  • LD LD on Nov 25, 2015
    Here is a link for this old house addressing your issue with the tub drain lever. http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/asktoh/question/0,,20205070,00.html
  • Susan Bechamp Susan Bechamp on Nov 25, 2015
    Do you have an access panel to the tubs' plumbing on the other side of the wall? The rod that connects the drain stopper to the knob on the overflow might be bent. If you can access the backside of the wall without major damage, You might be able to straighten or replace that rod. If not, look for a suction cup type stopper at your local hardware store (Not the best remedy, but it is a cheap fix)
  • Roamingdove Roamingdove on Nov 25, 2015
    Thank you. I have viewed that link I have also used wd40. (Another suggest)
    No I don't. What's worse it's my brothers house I'm visiting and messed it up tryin to shave my legs.
  • JOHNNY JOHNNY on Nov 26, 2015
    shav'n your legs did not do this.... try this mixture pour baking soda ( powder down the drain and then pour vinegar and very fast put a plunger over the drain
  • Shawn Brockhoff Maxwell Shawn Brockhoff Maxwell on Nov 26, 2015
    It also may be frozen by corrosion from a tiny long term leak - my brass one had to be replaced due to this.
  • Jane R. Jane R. on Nov 30, 2015
    Mine gets pretty frozen at times. I spray with a lubricant, let it set a couple of minutes, move the lever up and down as well as I can, then repeat a couple more times,. It works.