Using Mirrors In The Garden

$5

I use mirrors in the garden to add interest and give the impression that I have double the plants! For large mirrors, I use old mirrored shower doors. They're water resistant and hold up year round. For bird safety, the mirrors are placed parallel to bird flight paths in my narrow side garden. In open areas, I cover the larger mirrors with lattice. There's more details on my blog. http://www.empressofdirt.net/using-mirrors-in-the-garden/
This mirror is actually a lazy susan hung on the garden gate. Chickadee has a new best friend.
Two mirrored showered doors add interest to the back corner of the garden.
The mirrors on the side garden fence let me see the flowers below from the upper kitchen window.
Empress of Dirt - Melissa

• PainterNoni

I picked up some old truck mirros at a garage sale. these are nice to put in a woodland garden........they are meant to hold up in weather, and easy to put in nooks & crannies to add a little sparkle.

• Barb Frowen

thank you Melissa, for the inspiration and also the BIRD SAFETY. I have birds that land and feed from my hand, including their babies.....don't want them to hit the mirrors! so I place my painted windows/doors/mirrors WITH CARE, thanx to you...not to mention the Empress of the Dirt Birdhouses!!! barb