Kaysi Gardner
Kaysi Gardner
  • Kennewick, WA

Tips on How to Install Hardwood Flooring #DIY

One of our dreams has been to have hardwood flooring in our house. We have had laminate before but never beautiful hardwood floors, until now! My husband and I took a weekend and installed them and they turned out so good!
tips on how to install hardwood flooring, diy, flooring, hardwood floors, how to
Here is our living room before. We have actually changed it a lot since then and we love it!
The first thing to do is take off the carpet and the tack strips. I was able to do this with a screw driver and a hammer.
Next came off the trim. This part was scary for me, but with this cool tool, it was a breeze! So easy and it didn't damage the trim at all (or the wall!).
Now for the fun part, laying down the flooring. We went with the light of the room (there are two windows on the other side of the fireplace).
The flooring took us about 12 hours to do (it's about a 300 sq ft room) but once it was done, it was so great to sit back and admire the beauty of it!
We put the trim back on and put our furniture back into the room.
And that's it! If you've been thinking about putting down hardwood floors, make sure to check out my blog post because I give lots and lots of tips and tricks to help make it go more smoothly.
Kaysi Gardner

• Jill Ron Pike

I need a close- up of the Gardner pictures...are those shadow boxes grouped together, window frames or ??? Love them! Oh, and the floor does look great too :)

• Jade Brunet

We are looking to spice up our kitchen and think that installing hardwood flooring will do the trick. I am glad to learn that it only took you about 12 hours to get the flooring in. Thanks for informing me that the trim goes up and the furniture goes back in the room once the project is finished. I will talk to my husband about this idea. http://jbflooring.com/central-jersey-hardwood-flooring/

• MacFlooringServices

Great article you have introduced with us. You have lots of recommendation in order to have a good flooring works. Instruction and steps are very innovative and simple. The ideas shared by you are really good. I also have some related notions, which will surely be a boon for you and will definitely add a lot to your ideas. Before installing you should make sure that sub floor is completely flat and free of divots, defects or bumps. I am into flooring, too. Our motive is to assist people choose the best flooring to the best suit their budget and lifestyle. Certified Flooring Company can do this project in cost effective way. Nicely done project.

• Kristin Topping

I just came across your link and was very much impressed to see this lovely hardwood flooring. The tips that you have used for this flooring are very helpful, and I think by using your instruction one can install this type of flooring. I liked your ideas. Great article.