Vintage Christmas Lights Turned Into Ornaments

95K Views
We found some vintage Christmas lights and one strand didn't work, So I decided to turn them into ornaments instead of throw the bulbs away. So they started out like this....
  • vintage christmas lights turned into ornaments, christmas decorations, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
I used twine to make the loop, i just hot glued twine from one side to the other on the top then used more hot glue and twined all the way around the top to make it look more finished.
After that I used modge podge all over the bulb and used silver glitter to coat it completely. I let that dry over night then added another coat of modge podge over the top, it seals the glitter and it doesn't come off on everything!
Let dry over night again and that's it! recycled Christmas bulbs into ornaments!

Suggested materials for this project:

Rustic Owl Treasures